Software Engineering is one of the most in-demand jobs across the globe today. Software engineers are computer science professionals who use knowledge of engineering principles and programming languages to build software products, develop computer games, and run network control systems. They are typically tasked with thinking about and planning the structure and interactions of a software at a high level.
What you stand to gain from studying with us
Wide range of Career Opportunities
SQI does not just train, we consult and develop enterprise applications for various businesses and organizations. This relationship with mostly top companies has created lots of readily available opportunities for our students. The experience of most of these companies with our past students also make them want more; we have never met their demands. Make it easy for us.
Opportunity for Internship Positions
You get the opportunity to serve with our top clients. You acquire real-life experience while you bless them with your latest skillset.
A broad network with professionals
Get access to top and highly revered developer networks with lots of opportunities.
How relevant is Software Engineering in the labour market?
Employment of software developers is projected to grow 21 percent from 2018 to 2028, much faster than the average for all occupations. – Bureau of Labor Statistics
Wages & Job Trends
A Software Engineer earns between 1.2 million to 7.2 million naira annually depending on your skillset, experience and location with the advantage of flexibility. Software Engineers can work anywhere where they have computers and access to the Internet. They can work from the office, home or from the beach if the job allows!
Skills You Will Learn
Diploma syllabus of software engineering at SQI College of ICT include:
- The theoretical design of a software system;
- Integrating various design patterns and development principles to architect a solution to a particular programming problem;
- Interpreting the software requirements to produce sets of diagrams and charts to use as a plan for building;
- Writing the codes and the actual implementation of a software, etc.
Career Options in Software Engineering
With a diploma in Software Engineering from SQI, you can out of many things become:
- Applications developer.
- Database administrator.
- Game developer.
- Multimedia programmer.
- Software architect
- Computer and information systems manager.
- Cyber security manager.
- Web developer.
- Web designer.
- Software engineer.
- Software tester.
- Communications Specialist.
- Corporate Trainer.
- Embedded Software Engineer.
- IT Specialist.
Who Can Apply?
- Secondary School graduates
- Tech enthusiasts
- Persons with IT interests who doesn’t study a computer related course in school