3D animation as the name explains is the process of generating three-dimensional (X,Y,Z) moving images in a digital environment. VFX stands for Visual Effects. Animation and VFX require each other one way or the other. You will use 3D animated as part of a VFX scene (e.g. Movies, Advertisements), and some 3D animations do have Visual FX in them (e.g. Game Design).
What do you stand to gain from studying with us?
- Wide range of Career Opportunities: SQI doesn’t just train, we consult and develop enterprise applications for various businesses and organizations. This relationship with mostly top companies has created lots of readily available opportunities for our students. The experience of most of these companies with our past students also make them want more; we have never met their demands. Make it easy for us.
- Opportunity for Internship Positions: You get the opportunity to serve with our top clients. You acquire real life experience while you bless them with your latest skillset.
- A broad network with professionals: Get access to top and highly revered developer networks with lots of opportunity.
Wages & Jobs Trends
A Multimedia Artist or Animator will normally receive average salaries somewhere between 48000 and 72000 USD (about 17,616,000.00 and 26,424,000.00 Nigerian Naira) based on education and experience. Artists and Animators enjoy the benefit of working in offices and from home.
The skills you will learn
Students in the 3D and VFX Animation department get the opportunity to learn:
- The technical and artistic tools they need to master 3D animation and visual effects for film, video, and content creation.
- The essentials of preparing a template for an animated movie or sequence.
- Software programs like Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects in order to create their own original productions.
- Screenwriting, Storyboard, and Character Design.
Upon completing the foundations for the creation of their movie, students will focus on the next stage of the process using software that includes:
- Maya, Mudbox, and ZBrush. (Please note that our software may change as new methods for animation evolve and we continue to use industry-standard products). For instance, ZBrush and Mudbox are now used extensively in both movie and video game production. In addition, students will study subjects that include Drawing and Anatomy, Acting for Animation, Lighting, Materials, Textures, Animation, Rendering, Editing, and 3D Modeling and Sculpture.
As the year progresses students begin developing a final project that showcases a primary area of interest, be it modeling, animation VFX, or a combination thereof.
Students are introduced to motion capture as part of the animation pipeline while also refining concepts learned in the Compositing I class. Visual effects are an essential part of the movie industry and are used for integrating computer generated characters and particle systems, such as fluids and explosions into live action shots.
All of the major aspects of VFX are included in our one-year conservatory program, including the software programs Nuke, Maya, and Motion Builder. In addition, students will cover such subjects as Motion Capture, Green Screen, Compositing, Dynamics, Advanced CG Lighting, Scripting, Compositing, and Motion Tracking. Adequate time is made available for students to finish final projects and demonstrate a mastery of their particular area of interest.
Career Options in 3D ANIMATION & VFX
After the program, students in the 3D and VFX Animation department amongst many things may choose to become: Multimedia Artist, Independent Animators or to pursue a career in the film, gaming, interactivity, or commercial industries.
Who can apply?
- Secondary School graduates
- Tech enthusiasts
- Video Game Journalists
- Intending VFX Artist and Film/Video Editors
Grow your 3D Animation and VFX skills and reap the benefits for the rest of your career.